About the Opportunity
Our Kamloops office is looking for a Project Coordinator to join our team of professionals providing high quality service to our clients. Currently our team of graphic designers and project coordinators work alongside our professional engineers, community consultants and communications specialists to assist with delivering projects to communities. In this role you will contribute to our external image and ensure consistency across our project deliverables.
We are looking for a professional that is keen to learn and engage on a range of activities that support our business and project delivery.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Document Design and Production – be a super user of MS Word and Office with an eye for design and accuracy to create reports, proposals, correspondence, presentation materials that are visually appealing and function at a high standard.
- Project Administration – proactively support the coordination of projects throughout all phases from initiation to completion. This may include monitoring projects, drafting content, and coordinating paperwork for Project Leaders’ review in anticipation of project milestones.
- Financial Administration – track budgets and provide regular updates to Project Leaders; coordinate sub consultant billings and assist with client billings including preparation of draft invoices and liaising with the accounting department. Utilize various reporting tools as well as create additional financial reporting tools as required by Project Leaders.
- Team Coordination – track team and project schedules to monitor project status and milestone dates: monitor existing and projected workloads for resource allocation, coordinate team meetings; take meeting minutes and follow-up on action items; liaise with team regarding branch and companywide administrative and quality system procedures, coordinate meetings and provide administrative support to team members as required.
- Branch Administrative Support – work collaboratively to support the continued growth and evolution of our business.
The ideal candidate for this position is a proactive and energetic self-starter who is committed to providing outstanding service both to our internal teams and to Urban Systems’ clients. Our priority is to fill the position with the right candidate who is eager to learn and maintains a positive attitude and excellent customer service under pressure and competing deadlines. In addition, we are looking for the following skills, strengths and abilities:
- At least one year of experience in a professional office, ideally in a similar capacity. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in a professional service/consulting firm.
- Super user of MS Word and technically proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office with an eye to design visually appealing materials.
- Strong service orientation – meets the needs of the team and internal clients by responding to requests efficiently and effectively in a professional manner.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills – the ability to quickly develop a rapport with staff and clients (internal and external).
- Knowledge and aptitude for financial administration and accounting principles.
- An effective multi-tasker that thirives in a self-directed setting.
- Ability to work on a diverse team effectively and having strong interpersonal skills.
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of 400 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems, we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
- Challenging and interesting project opportunities;
- A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things;
- The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment;
- Ongoing career development and learning; and
- Meaningful rewards and recognition.
How to Apply
Successful people in our company focus on exceeding our clients’ expectations. In so doing, these individuals generate work that is highly challenging and richly rewarding. If you have a passion for client service and are looking to enhance your career within a great office environment, we invite you to check out our website for more information and submit your resume and covering letter along with a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our site).