Don’t see the right position for you? Send us your resume anyway by simply submitting your resume for general consideration or follow us on social media for regular updates on what’s happening at Urban Systems.
Interested in working with us? Let us know by viewing the current job postings below and applying online.
Tell us more about you
Please be sure to complete a candidate questionnaire and submit it along with your resume and cover letter. Please note preference will be given to candidates who submit a complete application with all three documents.
We’re proud of the work environment that we have created but appreciate that it won’t be the right fit for every talented person who comes along. For us, the key is finding people whose individual values match those of Urban. We know that when there is a good fit, great things can happen. By filling out the questionnaire, you provide us with another layer of information to help us make the right match.
Use this form to perform another job search
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Our fast-paced Kelowna branch is looking for an enthusiastic Administrative Assistant to join our professional administrative support team. This person will focus on providing branch administrative services related to our operations and general administrative support to our CEO, and other members of our professional administrative team and branch staff. As a member of the Kelowna Resource Team, the Administrative Assistant must be service minded, proactive and able to maintain a fast work pace. This position is ideal for someone with a strong understanding of Microsoft Office, a positive attitude, and the ability to think on their feet. Strong organizational skills and service-oriented skills are a must. Intermediate experience in administration is an asset.
Core responsibilities of this position include:
Branch Administration Support:
Assisting the Business Administration Manager with financial and operational support services including, but not limited to:
- Reconciling accounts and data entry
- Accounts receivable
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Processing draft invoices
- Approving timesheets and expense reports
- Coordinating and setting up projects in our Deltek Software
- Membership and sponsorship renewals and requests
Administrative Support to CEO:
- Prepare, revise and format various documents, including correspondence, reports, meeting notes and presentation materials
- Track key commitments, maintain calendars, bring forward files, notify of upcoming deadlines, resolve meeting conflicts and assist in meeting preparation;
- Assist in the completion of weekly time sheets and expense accounts
- Coordinate all travel arrangements
General Administrative Duties:
- Relief and back-up to reception (including phone coverage for reception) and other Resource Team Members
- Assisting with keeping office, kitchen and boardrooms tidy and professional-looking
- Organizing meetings and events
- Assistance with general office and equipment management
- Building and office maintenance
- Preparing and producing spreadsheets, meeting notes, memos, presentations, proposals, and other related documents
- Scanning documentation, printing and binding contract documents and proposal publications and project deliverables
- Providing general administrative support to staff as needed
- Assisting Project Coordinators as needed
Our preferred candidate will be a proactive and energetic self-starter who is committed to providing outstanding service both to the internal team and to Urban Systems’ clients. Our ideal candidate will be a graduate of a relevant post-secondary program (e.g. office administration), with 2 to 5 years of experience in a professional office environment being considered an asset. Preference will be given to those candidates who possess the following skills and abilities:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills – the ability to quickly develop a rapport with staff and clients (internal and external)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and juggle competing priorities
- Knowledge and aptitude for financial administration and accounting principles
- Strong service orientation – meets the needs of the team and internal clients by responding to requests efficiently and effectively
- An effective multi-tasker with a proactive mindset and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take ownership and initiative
- Hard working and self-directed
- Proactive and anticipatory
- Career minded individual with a passion for serving clients
- Great interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving
- Professional in nature and approach
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of over 400 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems, we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
- Challenging and interesting project opportunities
- A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things
- The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment
- Ongoing career development and learning
- Meaningful rewards and recognition
How to Apply
If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please check out our website for more information and submit your resume and covering letter along with a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our site).
Deadline for applications: Friday, May 25, 2018.